Last week saw a huge milestone for India in the nuclear department.
We successfully test-fired our most potent nuclear missile ever, the Agni 5. The intercontinental missile can hit targets over 5,000km away, a fact that has our neighbours slightly worried.
Here's why China shows disappointment with the launch.
1. After a couple more trials, Agni-5 will be inducted into our nuclear arsenal.
2. This missile can carry upto 1,000 kg of warheads on it.
3. It is a ballistic missile and thus cannot be tracked down by defence systems across the world.
4. With an expected range of 8,000 km, the Agni-5 can reach any part of Pakistan and China, even Europe.
5. Agni-5 is an inter-continental missile, which Pakistan is yet to add to its nuclear arsenal.
6. It is the most advanced version of the Agni series, part of IGMDP that started in the 1960s and was once overseen by late President APJ Abdul Kalam.
7. DRDO is also working on Agni 6, which will have far more lethal in aiming and striking capabilities than its predecessor.